Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hello!.... Rest of my life!

The pictures of the books on my backdrop caught my eye when I was designing this blog page and are actually the inspiration to this particular post. I've recently realized how many days go by and I don't even seem to notice them. Life on earth is SO temporary (and short)! I don't want to just watch it go by...and right now I'm not even watching, I'm  just subconsciously allowing days to pass without even giving them a second thought! I recently heard someone make a good point, in 100+ years, NO ONE will be talking about us, NO ONE will even be thinking about us. Let that sink in....we will be (physically) dead and gone in 100 years, but what we live for doesn't have to be. If I live a radical life that is saturated with the gospel of Jesus, which has been around for 2000 years, then maybe there will be a book that looks a lot like the ones in the picture on my background that has my name in it (that is also worth reading) because my life points to the King of Kings.

I want to live a life that is worth writing about, one that exalts Christ. I want to be able to say, "I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish (literally: excrement of animals) so that I may gain Christ" Philippians 3:8.

So I am going to be blogging about my life on this journey to count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Jesus! I want to want Jesus more than anything this world has to offer. I want to be content in all things, and that contentment comes from Christ so no matter what is going on in my life, whether in a palace or a dungeon, I want to be radiant with the light of Christ shining forth.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Leah! Keep it coming girl, I'll be reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good work. you have my stamp of approval. :)

    ReplyDelete